London Borough of Tower Hamlets, Violence against Women & Girls (VAWG) & Hate Crime (HC) Team will be holding a conference on ‘Bringing Perpetrators to Justice’ on Thursday 1st December 2022 from 1 – 4pm. This event will be at Raines House, Raine St, London E1W 3AU. This will be a public event and participants are invited to sign up to the event here.
The conference is for residents and the community of Tower Hamlets and the aim is to increase awareness and understanding of how Tower Hamlets council are aiming to ‘bring perpetrators to justice’, which is a key priority within the LBTH VAWG Strategy. On the day, you will hear from expert speakers on:
• Policing VAWG
• Changing perpetrator behaviours within the Positive Change Programme
• Multi-agency support and the risk management processes undertaken to manage young people being sexually/criminally exploited
• Prevent & VAWG
• Monitoring and enforcement against massage parlours and sexual entertainment venues exploiting women and girls
• Understanding and challenging ‘harmful practices’ and raising community awareness on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
• Designing pathways out of prostitution
• Hospital Community Navigation Services and the processes undertaken from A & E to community
• How courts respond to domestic abuse
There will also be an opportunity for attendees to ask panel members questions.
The conference is aimed at and relevant to all Tower Hamlets residents and members of the community and in bringing together these speakers, participants will be able to deepen their understanding of topical issues in the VAWG arena from multiple perspectives. This will enable participants to obtain a combined and current overview of both policy and practice.
You must be logged in to post a comment.